Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sept. 30, 2013


Hey fambam! Thanks so much for the letters and words of encouragement and wisdom. It´s certainly been an eventful month full of ups and downs, but I´m so incredibly grateful for the gospel and the ringing truth to the world that Christ lives and loves us. I´m so grateful for the opportunity to proclaim to the world (or at least as much as Chile as I can) that the Lord still directs His true church through living prophets in these modern days. I absolutely testify that Thomas Monson is the true prophet of God. I know it. What a blessing it will be to get to listen to him and the 12 Apostles this coming weekend in General Conference. I hope you´re preparing yourselves spiritually by studying the scriptures, thinking of questions for the Lord, and asking Him the questions in diligent prayer.

In addition to self-preparing, I want to extend a challenge to each one of you to invite a friend to come watch a session of the Conference with you. For those that might be embarrassed to do so or might not know how to invite someone, simply explain that it is a worldwide broadcast so that God can instruct us through His chosen prophet and apostles. Testify that each person can find out for himself if these men are truly called of God by listening to them for themselves. It´s a wonderful promise, and a fantastic opportunity to invite others to come unto Christ.
Quick sidenote: I figure it´s better to be early than late, so happy birthday Brittany! I hope you  have a great first birthday back in the States!
I was reading in the Book of Mormon and found a great passage in Alma 12:9-11. After reading it, think about what God teaches us in these verses. I know that we really do receive according to our effort. We can´t have a testimony of God nor of modern-day prophets if we never put in our part to know for ourselves. You get out what you put in, yet in tenfold. I know that the Lord lives and loves us, and I´m so grateful for his chosen leaders of this true church. Have a great week! Love you!
Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment