Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference weekend in Chile

Hey fam bam. What a wonderful conference we just had! Ah, I absolutely love those truly God-inspired talks. Elder Holland is certainly heaven-sent. I hope you all enjoyed being spiritually nourished, and I invite you to look up the talks and study them together as a family! I had to watch the whole thing in Spanish, and eventhough it was marvelous, I still firmly believe that the talks are 10x better in the original language. Even so, watching General Conference always makes me a bit trunky. Especially the priesthood session. I just wanted to be with Dad, Papa, and Tyler enjoying the inspired words of God´s living prophet and apostles. However, I did enjoy the conference with us four missionaries and a few members that came.

Speaking as a third party outsider with absolutely no personal interest in the matter, I´ve been thinking that if anyone HAPPENS to be sending a Christmas package to a missionary in Chile anytime soon, there´s a few things said missionary would like to receive. Maybe: cheeze-its, poptarts, american chocolate, Mike & Ikes, Nutter Butters, Burt´s Bee´s chapstick, and Crest Whitening Strips. It would be absolutely wonderful!!! :D

Another strange request I have is a picture of Rachel Scroggins. Let me explain....hahaha. While in Chile I have seen dopplegangers of so many of my friends and family members, and I often try to take pictures with them. To make it more fun for the other person, I try to show them a picture of my friend or family member as well so they understand and can laugh as well. But of course I have no pictures of Rachel. Could you email me one please? Gracias!

I want to end with a reminder of the invitation of Elder M Russell Ballard: Talk with at least one friend about the gospel by Christmas.
I can testify to the joy you will feel of knowing that you are helping the Lord in His marvelous work of gathering His flocks. What better time of the year than NOW to invite others to come unto Christ. I know that our Saviour lives and loves us. I know it. I know for myself that this is His true church, and there are so many other people in the world that need to know for themselves as well. Have a wonderful week!

Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment