Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013


Buenas tardes. It hasn´t actually been that long since I´ve written, and not much more happened since last wednesday. We´ve been looking for more people to teach, but it was pretty rough considering the holidays. Here in Chile, the party lasts all week and not many people want to stop playing to listen about God--no matter how Catholic they claim to be. But we found a few people and we´re hoping for better results this week.

I snuck a peek at my blog and noticed that the old mission address is still posted. Could you do me a big favor and changed it to:
Misión Chile Concepción Sur
Castellon 1063
Casilla 3560
Concepción, Chile

Thanks, Mum! You da bestest! I really do appreciate your help maintaining that blog so that others can stay updated as well.

I got several letters from Cydney and Andrea Christensen as well as from Patrick McGee (one of Deanne´s neighbors). Thanks so much for writing me! I loved the updates and feeling the love. It means a lot to me that you took the time to send me a letter. And of course I´m always grateful for those that email me each week. You da bestest!

Today I completed an experiment to see what would happen if I stopped washing the dishes for 3 days. It´s actually the second time I´ve done the experiment. I finally gave in and washed the giant pile of dishes this morning....ha.

Other fun facts: I decided to start a dream journal. In high school I always had fun telling my friends about the crazy dreams I had each night, and I finally decided to simply by a journal and write them down. It will be an interesting keepsake. If I don´t have any God-inspired visions, I´ll at least prove to future generations that I was a weirdo.

Today I just have a simple testimony to bare. God loves us. Thus, He allows us to have trials and difficulties. He knows that it´s the best way for us to learn and become more like Him. Trials don´t last forever--even when they feel like they will. If we just trust in our Savior and do His will, all will be well. 

Have a wonderful week! I miss you and love you.
Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment