Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 2, 2013 Labor Day in America


Wow, this transfer has flown by! We're already on week 6. I have no idea what will happen this next transfer, but I have a feeling I'll be staying. We'll see.

Thanks so much for all the letters and pictures! Ben's letter was hilarious: ´´I changed schools because my old school is poopy.´´ Speaking of letters, I got a letter from my BYU friend Alissa Strong! It was a mini package with a bunch of wedding pictures and whatnot. So exciting! The mission financiero told me that he found it in the van and isn't sure how long it's been in there....ha. I heard that Chile's mail strike finally ended, so I'll try to send some letters today!

Random fun facts: Chile's top three most important things: 
1. The Simpsons
2. Angry Birds
3. The Fast and the Furious.

Everyone wears clothes from Angry Birds, drives a car with Fast and Furious stickers all over the windows, and constantly watches the Simpsons. It just still makes me chuckle. 

I had a dream again that I came home from the mission. I had been home 2 hours and we went to a restaurant to meet up with the family and Lacey and I just spent the whole time crying haha. It was silly.

On Friday I went to a conference for all the leaders in the mission. It was a long and very interesting conference as we try to resolve a few issues with the lack of success in the entire mission lately, but it was fruitful. Plus it was great to see a few elders that I haven't seen in a long time--including the three missionaries from my original district in the MTC! Pictures to follow. 

We're teaching a new investigator Cecilia, the wife of a very very Evangelical man. He's friendly and chats with us, but as soon as we start talking about religioun he leaves the room. But he at least allows his wife to listen. I absolutely LOVE how intently she listens to us and her fantastic questions. She really does have a sincere desire to learn. After teaching about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we asked her what would be a reason she would read the Book of Mormon or continue learning from us. She told us, ''If I didn't want this, do you think I would let you keep coming back?'' It made me laugh of course, but I was also sooooo thrilled at her sincerity. The last time someone told me that, she was baptized a month later! Woo! 

On Sunday Elder Ballesteros and I went to the campo to eat lunch with a member and her husband. They reminded me sooooo much of Mum and Dad. The wife is a very pretty yet very silly school teacher who was very proud to show us her 17 chickens and her self-sustaining egg supply. The husband was a very hard worker that had a workshop out back filled with 20 half.-finished projects hahaha. We had such a fun time chatting and getting to know them better. No one can compare to my wonderful parents, though. Each day I realize more and more how INCREDIBLEY blessed our family has been. I don't have time to expand on that thought, but I sure will another time. 

I know that Christ lives and loves us. He cares about our daily lives and wants to be involved in all of our decisions. He will help us if we seek His counsel. I know that He restored His true church through a modern-day prophet, and I know that each person can know for himself by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. Simple. Everyone is invited ;)

Have a wonderful week! Love you!
Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment