Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 12, 2013


Hey fam bam! And Brittany! Wow!!! So crazy that she's home. I also felt the great impact of having one less missionary from our family in the field. Our work here has slowed down a ton. But many congrats and many thanks to Britt for serving a full-time honorable mission. Wow. 

To answer a few questions: How cold is it in Chile? Well, when we wake up in the morning we can see our breath. Chilean houses don't have heaters. As far as an update with my surgery recovery: A few days ago I  was laying down and tried to get up but felt a rather uncomfortable pull in the muscles. I've been sore for a few days, but I'm sure all is well. 

While you guys had Britt visit you from Japan, I also had a fun visitor from Japan! Akio, a Japanese friend of a family here in Yumbel came to visit. He made us Japanese soup for lunch and we had a fun time trying to communicate. It was so interesting to think that I speak English, he speaks Japanese, but we communicated through Spanish! He didn't speak Spanish very well so I didn't understand him much, but he seems like such a fun little guy. I so lament that I didn't get a picture with him!!!

As I said, our work here lately has been rather difficult this week. It's an odd paradigm that I seem to live: the harder I work, the less success I have. Including my companion even fixed a few obedience problems this week, and as soon as he did, our success completely halted. It's been a rough few days, but we're plugging along. My zone leader shared the scripture Galations 6:9 that says, ''And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.'' That's the Lord's promise that has kept us going the past couple days. 

The Lord lives and loves us. He's poured out many blessings upon us because of Brittany's faithfull service to Him over these past 18 months. Give Britt a big hand hug for me! 

Much love,

Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment