Monday, April 29, 2013

April 22, 2013

Hey loved ones,

What a week! It went by so quickly with so much traveling! First off, Thanks so much to those who write me so often! I always love having to try to race through my emails to try to read all of them. Sorry that I don´t always get to respond personally, but don't feel unappreciated. Also, I got two very exciting letters from Sarah Mendenhall and my Aussie Twinner Alissa--who sent me her engagement announcement!!!! Wahhooo!!! I don't know if you've gotten my letters, but thanks so much for sending me the wedding invitation! Congrats! Sarah, I had actually written you a week before I recieved your letter to me haha so I'll be sending you a reply soon.

This week we had a mission-wide conference in the which Elder Zwick of the Seventy came. He's been a 70 since before I was born, and frankly I think the Lord is just waiting for an opening to bump him up to the apostleship. It was a fantastic conference. I've always admired my mission President Martinez for his wonderfully optimistic attitude. One of my favorite quotes from his talk this week was, ''No matter what the weather may be, I always see the sun brightly shining.'' That really got me thinking about the power of perspective. I've been working so hard to keep that quote in mind all week. Despite the rainy days we've had down here (and they are not few), I try to see the sun/Son brightly shining. I know that the Light of Christ is what truly illuminates our soul to have a desire  to help others. It's what makes us sorrow to see others in pain. It's what makes us smile when we see others happy. It's what makes us rejoice when we are obedient to our Master. I've had wonderful, tender experiences lately of being filled with the Light of Christ to the point where I truly see others as they are: sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. It's an incredible feeling to look around me and see the beautiful creations of our Maker, recognize my Chilean brothers and sisters that walk the streets with me, and have the magnificent opportunity to help them obtain the same vision that I have--that is, return to live with Heavenly Father again. I know it's possible through the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lives, and I know that it's worth it to endure to the end. It's not easy, but it is so much more worth it than we can comprehend.

Much love to you,

Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment