Monday, February 11, 2013

Tanner gets sick this week.

Hey family and friends!

This week has been quite the week and unfortunately I磎 ridiculously pressed for time! Today we had a fun double-zone activity where we played soccer, had a bbq, had a huge water fight, etc. I even got to play catch with my zone leader who brought two gloves and a baseball. Both our arms were pretty dang stiff haha but I was pleasantly surprised that I could still throw pretty accurately. Woo! 

Mkay. Announcements: Mum, I still haven磘 gotten the Schwann card. Might want to call them and see what磗 up. Big thanks to Julianne for sending me European chocolate! It was delicious! Oh how I磛e missed good chocolate! Also, happy valentines day! ......-__- hahaha

Well this week was a very slow week because I got food poisoning (at least that磗 what I think it was) and spent a really long night Tuesday throwing up until 4am. I spent the next day in bed, and then was more or less better by Thursday. But then my awesome companion decided he was too sick to work, so he went and slept and mosied around for the next three days--despite any symptoms of being sick other than 创uh, well my stomach feels funny. I should sleep.创 ........so ya. It was a long week. But anyways, I磎 doing much better and have indeed regained all the weight I lost! 

Quick request: Could you please send me Dad磗 talk about choosing to be of good cheer and how Joy would 创hearken to the voice of her master创? It was suuuuccchhhh a fantastic talk, but it must have gotten thrown out with my loose papers when I left from the MTC. I would be deeply grateful if you could send me another copy! Thanks!

This week I just want to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon. 
创And all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye--for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words,创 (2 Nephi 33:10-11). 
In other words, even if you don磘 believe that the Book of Mormon is true scripture from God, just put your faith in Christ. And honestly, if you believe in Christ, you磍l believe that the Book of Mormon comes from Him, because the ENTIRE book is devoted to testifying that He is the Saviour and that we should live His teachings. It磗 a rather simple purpose that the book has. I invite anyone and everyone to read it, whether you be a member of the LDS church or not. If you believe in Christ, why would you not want to read a book that so wonderfully teaches and testifies of Him? It really is a wonderful complement to the Bible. 

I know without any doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. It磗 not just a belief or hope--I know it. The Holy Ghost has testified to my heart so powerfully that I cannot deny that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It truly is sacred scripture translated by a modern-day prophet called of God to restore Christ磗 eternal gospel in its fulness. Or simply put: the Book of Mormon is true. I so testify in Christ磗 name.

Have a wonderful week! Love you!

Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment