Sunday, August 26, 2012

MTC Week 6


Mis Amados!

     Sing this with me: "It's the most wonderful time of the week! We read and write letters and go to the temple and catch up on sleep! It's the most wonderful time, it's the most wonderful time, yes it's the most wonderful time of the weeeeeeeeekkkk!!!" Haha I lied though--I've yet to have ever taken a nap on P-Day. There's just so much to get done!

     First off, thank you soooo much to all of you generous people for taking time to write Elder Gordon. He received so many letters! He was actually kind of weirded out that my relatives were writing him so much... haha but I thank you for your kindness. It really meant a lot to me, to him, and to Elder White (to whom I was able to give his respective letters more than once a week). Thanks!

     My Spanish word of the week is [drumrollllllll] "toldilla" (poopdeck). I think it might also mean "feces," but we use it in the sense of "Nature calls; to the poopdeck!" (A la toldilla!) ;P Another way we entertain ourselves is by whistling the Hunger Games tune that the mockingjays sing. Just whistle it once, and you'll hear it spread throughout the entire cafeteria or down the wall or whathaveyou. It's actually pretty stinking awesome!!!

     To my dearest SPAC teammates: I miss you! Big time! I hope all is well and that you are ready to get back to living in the RB this coming semester! Katrina Pearson, I bumped into your friend Shaelin Moon. She and I taught each other a lesson and chatted and found out we have mutual friends! I hope you and Tanner are doing great as you prepare for your baby's arrival this December! Question to the masses: Does anyone know when Garrett reports to the MTC? If you know, send me a Dear Elder (MTC mailbox #215). Gracias!

     I have two requests and a question for you, Mum. 1) Would you please send me the lyrics to "We Long for Home"? I can only remember a few lines here and there and I would reeeaaalllyyy like to be able to remember the full song you used to sing me to sleep with :) 2) Could you please also send me the Duncan's address? I have a story I'd really like to be able to share with them. Thanks! 3) Should I send home the DearElders I've received, or are they trash because you get a copy emailed to you? There's a few that I keep to review, but my pile is getting rather big (which I am extremely grateful for) and I don't think I want to lug around a stack of paper for the next two years... Advice?

     To end with an uplifting thought, I want you to listen to the song, "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands." We sang it in the MTC choir this past week. Absolutely phenomenal song--the music and the lyrics inclusive. My favorite line is probably the lyric, "Christ from wood and nails built mansions for us all." What a powerful thought. As Christ was nailed to the wood of the cross, he was building mansions for us in the kingdom of heaven. Through Christ and His Atonement, we can repent, be cleansed of our sin, be aided through our trials, be resurrected and perfected through Him, and live with our families and with Heavenly Father for all eternity. I am so grateful that my Savior cares about me enough to have suffered so much for me so that I need not suffer, but instead have eternal life. It's up to you whether you accept the key to the mansion he built for you.

     May the Lord bless you as you continue to "try a little harder to be a little better" each day (President Gordon B. Hinckley). Heavenly Father sure loves you, and He's waiting for you to ask for His help so that He can bless you and strengthen you. He wants you to be happy. He wants you to succeed. And He is eager to help you. I know that He will answer your prayers in the way that He knows is best for you. Onward and upward my friends! Have a wonderful week.

Much love,

Elder Long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment